BUY NOW: ONLY $20.95
Retails for: $26.95 You save: $6.00
| | |
A call to the Divine is the Kundalini Yoga tradition that awakens “the Original Light of the soul.”
In world-wide gatherings, beloved devotional singer Snatam Kaur and her fellow musicians have shared that radiance through sacred chants. In her book Original Light, Snatam guides us into the heart of the path, using the daily morning practice of Sadhana as a foundation which leads to a deeper understanding of the tradition's principles and sacred chanting experiences.
For centuries, Kundalini, the universal life force, has been shrouded in lore and misconception. However, Snatam shows us that, through Kundalini Yoga, the capacity to experience it is within everyone, providing a natural and limitless source of physical health, stillness, joy, energetic strength, and loving connection, both with others and with all of creation.
Snatam shares with honesty and gentle humor her own stories, challenges, “aha” moments, and many practical pointers gained from her lifelong journey. All those seeking a compassionate and supportive guide to the creation of a vibrant and sustainable daily spiritual practice will find it within the pages of Original Light.
Following an exploration of the philosophy and principles of Yogi Bhajan’s Kundalini Yoga, students are then shown the five morning practices of the Aquarian Sadhana:
- The Wake-Up Routine—establishing a sacred space, bathing and purification, healthy diet and elimination guidelines, and more
- Jap Ji—from 15th-century sage and founder of the Sikh tradition, Guru Nanak, this sacred recitation is both a map and a direct expression of our union with the Divine
- Kundalini Yoga Kriyas—nine energizing posture and movement sets for creating a somatic space for your spirit
- Aquarian Sadhana Mantras—seven devotional chants as the sun rises to open the doors of liberation and experience bliss and ecstasy through sacred sound
- Gateway to Divinity—the closing transition stage that integrates your own spiritual tradition and helps you to focus your energies and set your intentions for the day ahead
For those of all faiths and none, Original Light provides an ideal introduction and resource for the improvement of health, the finding of greater freedom and stillness within, and the illumination of each moment of the day.
Original Light includes two CDs of guided chants and practices with Snatam Kaur.
With the release of Prem, Snatam Kaur announced the beginning of her solo career and, under the wing of wizard producer Thomas Barquee, many popular CDs followed, including Pren, Grace and Anand, and her groundbreaking recording with Emmy award winning pianist Peter Kater - Heart of the Universe.
- Book hardcover 292 pages
- ISBN: 9781622035977
- Publisher: Sounds True, Edition: 2016
- Catalog: P19501
- Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 6.1 x 1.3 inches (23.1 x 15.5 x 3.3 cm)
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 lbs (0.64 kg) Shipping Options
- Yoga Technology Sales Ranking (all products): 122